Here are the tips to know if you want to maximize your sale price.
Here are five tips to remember if you want to sell your home quickly and for top dollar:
1. Align yourself with the right agent or team. It’s important to ensure they have a track record of success. There are a lot of moving parts to a home sale, and some of the best listing agents are those who’ve been buyer’s agents first. They understand what buyers are looking for, how to work through negotiations, etc. Our team averages between 225 to 250 closings per year, so we know many strategies to bring a deal to the finish line smoothly and seamlessly.
2. Price your home to sell. Sellers oftentimes want to list their homes above market value in the hope that a buyer will magically come out of nowhere and buy it at an unrealistic price. This can damage your sales prospects because the longer your home sits on the market, the less exposure it gets. Even if you try chasing down the market, people will still question why your home’s been listed for so long. You’re better off listing it closer to your bottom line. This way, you’ll generate more activity and exposure. The quicker you can sell, the higher your sale price will be.
3. Make your home show-ready. This means you need to touch up the paint, update the landscaping, give the interior a deep cleaning, upgrade the lighting to create ambiance, etc. It’s also important to invest money into your property so it looks good in online listing photos and enhances the showing experience.
4. Remove personal items. Get rid of any family photos, knickknacks, and other items that might be considered personalized. Less is more when it comes to improving a showing experience. Having less clutter around allows people to envision the property as their own instead of making them feel like they’re intruding on someone else’s.
5. Make sure the home is accessible. Keep everything tidy so that when a buyer wants to visit it, they don’t have to wait a long time to see it. The longer they have to wait, the more likely it is that they’ll decide on buying another home they saw in the meantime—one whose seller gave them easier showing access. If you’re doing a short-term rental program, you may want to consider blocking your property because you’ll sell it fairly quickly and for top dollar if you’re following these suggestions.
If you’d like to know more about maximizing your sale price or there’s anything else my team and I can do to sell your home, call or email our office. I’d love to help you.