Here are five creative tips that will help you get a great deal on the perfect property.
1. Be very specific about what you want. The more you share with us, the easier it will be to find that dream property. Don’t be afraid to let us know what you would be uncomfortable with spending, either. Everything you tell us will help us find the right pool of options that perfectly align with your needs.
2. Be financially well documented. If you’re taking out a loan, make sure you are pre-approved and have that pre-approval letter before you start looking at homes. If you’re a cash buyer, you’ll still want to have some form of financial verification to present to the seller. Having that paperwork presents you as a serious buyer. We’ll align you with the best lender for your needs that is already familiar with properties in our area.
“The more you share with us, the easier it will be to find that dream property.”
3. Act quickly. We’ll be sending you properties as soon as they hit the market, so when you see one that checks off all the boxes, be ready to see it and possibly make an offer. Chances are, you’ll be one of six or seven people also looking at that same home, so be prepared to pounce.
4. Come in with a market-appropriate offer. Don’t try to undercut the sellers. A low offer could cause the seller to reach out to other interested parties, creating a bidding war and ultimately driving up the price. If you present a great offer right off the bat, the seller will only be focused on yours so you can avoid that competition.
5. Minimize contingencies. If you write in a bunch of ways in which you can get out of or cancel a contract, a seller isn’t going to take you very seriously. You want to include some contingencies to make sure you’re protected, but limit the amount to show you are serious about closing on that property.
If you have any questions or need any help buying or selling your home, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re here to help!